Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Joys of Cooking, The Trials of Dishwashing

There are few things I enjoy more then cooking, especially when it comes to something like cookies, cake, brownies, pies and anything else that is sweet.  Bread isn't bad when it actually turns out and boring old main and side dishes aren't too bad either.  However, there is nothing so wonderful as getting to mix up a batch of cookie dough, tasting it at various intervals, just to make sure it hasn't spoiled since five seconds ago.  Then of course while you are baking the cookies you have to make sure the dough still tastes fine.  I suppose that is why you make an extra big batch so you don't end up short a dozen cookies.  Unfortunately with the joys of cooking come the trials of dishwashing.  I love cooking as much as I hate dishwashing.  Once I am done making my scrumptious dessert, dishwashing is last on my list.  However, they tend to just sit there until my conscience wears down on me and I slump back into the kitchen to wash them up.
I suppose that one has to take the rough with the smooth, or as in this case, a sink full of dishes with a cookie jar full of cookies.

A Favorite Cookie Recipie :)

1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour                     1 C. sugar
1 tsp. cream of tartar                          1 egg
1/2 tsp. baking soda                            1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt                                        1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 C. butter, softened                       2 T. sugar

6 comments:

  1. I like making cookies, but I LOVE making yeast breads! A friendly tip: cleaning goes best when you have upbeat music and a dishwasher! EBeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well IF I had a kitchen large enough I would have a dishwasher. As it is, playing music or an audio book while cooking or cleaning up annoy mom so I have to do that when I am cooking by myself or mom is downstairs.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer! Well, you can always come to my house and cook, listen to music, and clean my kitchen (we have a dishwasher)! :) EBeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes except for one small detail. Certain people (and we do not mention names) are ultra picky about loading dishwashers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know who your talking about! I could be any one who has a healthy desire for things to be neat! EBeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annoying desire I would say. :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...