Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever

Americans are so full of themselves nowadays that the concept of glorifying or enjoying anyone besides themselves would sound ludicrous to them.  However, as Christians, it should be our life's goal to glorify God and to enjoy him forever.  1 Corinthians 10:31 says, "Whether then you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."  So not just in a few things should we be glorifying and enjoying God but in everything.  We are to do ALL to the glory of God.  It is hard for us (including me) to see that in a world of ME but it is something we must learn to see.  There is NO reason we should be proud and arrogant, full of ourselves.  We should be humbled by the overwhelming knowledge that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8) and that nothing we do can ever set us higher in God's eyes for by faith we are saved, not through our works (James 2). 
I remember the line from Stuart Towends's song, "How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure. That He should give His only Son, to make a wretch a treasure."

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

1 comment:

  1. Please do not get rid of me!! I do not always read everything right away, and I do try to comment and then forget what button to push so that my comment works... Please do NOT give up on me!!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...