Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm a Barista!.... and a Librarian

Yep that's my honorable profession. I work at my college library. Barista obviously sounds ten times more awesome than librarian so I like to hold to that label. However being a librarian is pretty awesome. I've learned a lot and have tons of fun. I have some of the best bosses in the world (one of them is retiring though, very sad) and a lot of great co-student workers. I seriously think I have too much fun to call this job work sometimes. Great memories include vaccuming books, cleaning out the back room, inventory and of course staff lunches! Somedays I love it so much that I want to give up nursing and take up librarianism but other days I am ready to be out from behind the circ desk.
Now I know what you're thinking... librarian? Does that mean you wear horn rimmed glasses and a tight bun on the top of your head? Well I do wear glasses (not horn rimmed though), and sometimes I wear buns on the top of my head. However, I am pretty positive that despite common opinion, horn rimmed glasses and tight buns are not criteria for being a librarian. In fact, my bosses, who are the real librarians here, do not wear horn rimmed glasses or buns on top of their heads and are actually pretty cool. Sometimes they are more up on the fashions than I am. So do not stereotype our awesomeness! You are just jealous.
And speaking of bosses... I have some of the greatest. I have been there so long (three years) that they kind of just treat me like the regular staff. We have great conversations about books and movies. They are interested in what is going on in my life and are always very flexible about the hours I work if something comes up.
Yep being a barista... AND a librarian has its perks. :)

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I would love to work at my local library. It sounds like a lot of fun to me. Working flexible hours for the family business is pretty nice too, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...