Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Things I Geek out/Obsess Over

If you've been reading my blog long enough, or know me in person, you'll probably already know most of these... but here it goes... things I geek out/obsess over.


  1. Jane Austen and her books- Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book... has been for years. I love all of her other books too and I honestly can't get enough of them. One of the things that I will get worked up about when it comes to Austen's novels is anyone trying to call them romance novels... no, just no! Read this earlier post to see why I would NEVER give them such a title. 
  2. Tolkien and his books- This is kind of recent... since the beginning of the year... I fell in love with The Lord of the Rings. So far I have read it about five times, The Hobbit too many times to mention, and The Silmarillion once. Currently I am reading the first in a series of four books compiled by Christopher Tolkien (JRR Tokien's son) that includes Tolkien's drafts and notes of The Lord of the Rings. It is super fascinating to see how the story evolved. I was reading reviews of it on Goodreads and one person said that only a person obsessed over Tolkien would read them. That made me smile, and then laugh, and then smile again. :) 
  3. The heart... anatomically speaking. Most of you will know I am going to be starting nursing school in just a couple weeks. All of my preparatory classes for that... Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, Pathophsyiology... have caused me to have a fascination with the whole human body, but especially the heart. My dream is to see open heart surgery. Don't even get me started on how cool I think that would be. 
Those are probably my three biggest obsessions at this point in my life. You will have noticed two of them have to do with books... and yes, in general, I tend to geek out/obsess over books. Austen and Tolkien are just my favorites. 
What do you geek out/obsess over? Comment and let me know! :)


Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...