Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 New Year's Resolutions

I've never been a goals and resolutions kind of a person and I have never up to this point made any New Year's resolutions. However, after a little over a year of doing monthly resolutions, I think it's time. I tried to make these kind of general and they reflect my monthly resolutions…. I'm a creature of habit.

Read or Re-Read 60 Books

Last year my goal was 50 and I want to up it this year.  Not by much obviously but let me tell you my logic here. Sixty is divisible by twelve, so that gives me a goal of five books a month. Also, sixty is a nice even number, unlike certain numbers divisible by twelve. A little math logic for everyone to start their year off. ;)

Memorize Psalm 31

There's twenty-four verses so I'll split it up into two verses every month to make it more manageable. 

Keep up with my Spanish

I've become incredibly lax with retaining what I learned and I really want to keep that knowledge! 

Pray Daily

Prayer is something I feel I really lack. I'm hoping to keep some sort of prayer journal or something to keep me on the ball about this. 

Do 1 Crochet Project Per Month

I didn't crochet much last year but his year I'm hoping to make a few things that have been on my "want to make" list for awhile. 

Write

Just write…. I pretty much had to give up writing last semester because I was so busy with school I couldn't justify spending my time on writing. This year hopefully I can budget in some writing time.

Lose the weight

I lost about ten pounds last year but then plateaued and then halfway gave up and now I'm back at it! This year I want to lose those last pounds and get to my goal weight.

My overall goal for the year really is to be more organized and diligent in what I do and in what I do, I want to do all to the glory of God.
Happy New Year!

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...