Monday, February 3, 2014

It's Monday! What are you Reading!

Today I'm following along with Sheila at Book Journey to write about what I read last week and what I'm looking forward to reading this week.

Last week I read Dying to Forget, and finished  reading Mary Poppins Comes Back. I have really been enjoying re-reading the Mary Poppins books after having been inspired to do so after watching Saving Mr. Banks. In my personal opinion, while good, the movie of Mary Poppins, does not measure up to the imagination inspired by the books. While interesting, Dying to Forget was only so-so due to its theological issues.

This week I'll be finishing up Ender's Shadow (Orson Scott Card), a parallel novel to Ender's Game, Mary Poppins in the Park (P.L. Travers), and hopefully also finish up Don't Waste Your Life (John Piper). With three books to finish, I doubt I'll be starting anything new this week but we'll see. :) I'm also listening to The Warden (Anthony Trollope) via audiobook but I think that will take some time to finish.
Comment and let me know what you're reading!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. My husband has been wanting me to read Ender's Game for years; I really need to do it. I wonder if he has read Ender's Shadow though? I will have to mention it to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like Ender's Shadow better than Ender's Game... at least so far. :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...