Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Top Ten Characters I would want with me on a Deserted Island

Hi y'all! I hope you're enjoying your summer. Here in Kansas right now the weather has been amazingly cool and I'm really liking it as the house I am staying at on the farm doesn't have a working air conditioner yet. :( However, I know the heat is going to catch up with us soon.
Today for top the Tuesday the theme is top ten characters I would want with me on a deserted island. There are lots of options obviously as there are so many memorable characters from literature so picking a worthy group of ten was not easy but here is my list. :)

  1. Samwise Gamgee- I will always remember Sam as the most loyal and caring of friends and I think that would be a something I would want on a deserted island. :) From J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings
  2. Ronald Eustace Psmith (The P is silent as in psychic, ptarmigan, phthisis)- Because he would always make me laugh. :) From P.G. Wodehouse's Leave it to Psmith
  3. Gandalf- It's always useful to have a wizard around... just in case. :) From J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
  4. Jeeves- Because he is very adept at just floating through life making everything better and coming up with solutions to impossible situations. :) From P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves and Wooster series
  5. Henry Tilney- Because it would be ideal to have a pastor there on a deserted island and he's my favorite pastor from literature and one of my favorite male characters from literature. He too will always make me laugh. :) From Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey
  6. Sherlock Holmes- Very clever. The kind of person who could think up a solution to get off the island. As would Jeeves of course. The possibilities of Jeeves and Sherlock Holmes together makes the mind race! From Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes
  7. Mr. Knightley- Along with Tilney he would always keep me accountable and not be afraid to tell me if I do something wrong. From Jane Austen's Emma
  8. Dr. Watson- Good asset for Holmes plus a doctor will be handy for any injuries that my nursing skills can't handle. :) From Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes
  9. Robinson Crusoe- He has experience with deserted island so he can help me out. :) From Daniel Defoe's Robin Crusoe
  10. Aragorn- To protect me from all of the horrors of the island! :) From J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...