Monday, October 31, 2016

It's Monday! Baptism

Little Ginny Mae was baptized this last Sunday in the baptism gown I made for her. Hashtag proud aunt moments. ;) Every baptism I see at church fills me with joy but when it's your own niece the joy is just inexpressible. <3

With reluctance I move on to books...

Currently Reading

  • Total Truth by Nancy Pierce- Some hefty theology/culture reading for me. 
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander (aka J.K. Rowling)- I need to get this read before the movie comes out! It's taken me way too long to start it. 

Finished this Week

My brother Tim and I goofing off... yes ladies
he is still single... please take him off my hands! 
  • The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien (re-read) (audiobook)- I love Tolkien... what can I say? 
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs- I liked it a lot more than I though I would... enough so that I'll probably pick up the rest of the series at some point.  It had it's downsides but surprisingly enjoyable. 

Coming Soon

  • Tales From the Perilous Realms by J.R.R. Tolkien- A fellow Tolkien lover lent this one to me about three months ago but I got caught up in other books but I think I'm about freed up now to where I should be able to get to this soon. 
  • St. Bartholomew's Eve by G.A. Henty (re-read)- I've been doing a lot of audiobooks in the car and I this will be my next one. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...