Monday, December 26, 2016

It's Monday! A Very Merry Bookmas

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays because I love giving gifts that I think the recipients will be excited about. Of course I also like getting gifts. I tend to have a big wish list and my parents, or the sibling that drew my name for our siblings exchange, can pick something off of it. I still get surprised but I also get what I wanted. Then of course people just get me something else entirely and surprise me even more, which is alway fun! This year I was not disappointed at all with the number of books I got not to mention a bookish Christmas ornament! Between the books I borrowed from my aunt at Thanksgiving, the ones I got in the Secret Santa and now the ones I got for Christmas my TBR list for 2017 is rapidly growing.
So what books did I get? The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Call the Midwife, Shadows of the Workhouse, Farewell to the East End and Love and Friendship (a novelization of the movie). I'm so thrilled to read them all!

Also in other amazing and bookish news at a work Christmas party I won a Kindle Fire in a drawing!!! I've kind of wanted a Kindle for awhile now but I never would have spent the money on it myself so I was delighted to win it!

So here's what's up with my reading life currently.

Finished this past week

  • Openness Unhindered: Further Thoughts from an Unlikely Convert by Rosaria Champagne Butterfield- Very good read. Equally as good, if not better, than her first book. 
  • The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler (audiobook)- Now I really want to watch the movie, which somehow I have not gotten around to watching in my life. The narrator made this book extra enjoyable! 

Currently Reading

  • Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas 
  • The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum 
  • Total Truth by Nancy Pearcey

Coming Soon

  • The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum
  • The Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. The Big Sleep is a great movie. Great Film Noir.

    Congrats on getting a Kindle. My wife and I have used Kindles of various types for almost a decade now. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...